Trek World Racing adds Aaron Gwin to Downhill Line Up for 2011

Addition of Aaron Gwin Highlights a Stacked Roster

23 Degrees Sports Management is thrilled to announce the addition of Aaron Gwin (USA) to the Trek World Racing 2011 downhill roster.

Currently the UCI World #3, Gwin will race a Team-issued Trek Session 88 throughout the 2011 World Cup calendar alongside his Trek World Racing teammates. A relative newcomer to the sport, Gwin has experienced a meteoric rise in his young career and is widely known as one of America's brightest downhill stars. "I'm really excited to be joining Trek World Racing. I've looked up to Trek bicycles since I was a kid watching Lance Armstrong win the Tours so to be a part of that same American brand and adding to that racing heritage is pretty cool. The support this team provides is second to none and I believe I'll have all the tools I'll need to achieve my goals." Aaron said.

Returning for 2011 will be World Champion Tracy Moseley (GBR), World Silver Medalist Neko Mulally (USA), and World Top 10 rider Justin Leov (NZL). All three riders have had their best career years while riding aboard Trek, and are looking forward to welcoming Aaron to the team. Tracy said, "It's great to be returning to Trek World Racing for a 3rd year and this time in the World Champion's jersey! I'm looking forward to an exciting year and hope to be able to help Trek World Racing become the number one team in 2011."

The title sponsor is as excited about the 2011 roster as the team is. When asked about the brand's involvement with the team, Trek Vice President Joe Vadeboncoeur remarked "Trek is more dedicated than ever to racing and to the Trek World Racing Team. Its value to our product development and brand is immeasurable but beyond that, we really, really just like to race. Our roster is filled with young talent that is going to provide a lot of energy mixed with mature riders that will continue to produce results. Our intention is to be at the top level of racing at all disciplines." On the continued success of the team, Team Owner, Martin Whiteley said, "After the first 2 years of the program, and all we've learned both on and off the bikes, it's clear we’re ready to take the momentum from the two medals won in Mont-Sainte-Anne and spend more time on World Cup podiums in 2011. It would be great to end next season with the yellow plates aboard our bikes, and be crowned the number one team in downhill racing. With this line up, it's certainly a real possibility."

Justin Leov said today: "I know this program as well as I know the bike, inside out now, and working with amazingly focused people is what I'm all about. I look forward to having a solid crew of staff and riders to work alongside these next two years and a lot of fun times and great rides along the way. I just want to get on with it for 2011 and prove I can put down great race runs in the World Cups and at World Champs." Neko Mulally said: "I'm really looking forward to racing next year. To have such top notch support and a great group of people around me allows me to be the best I can be. I have taken in a lot this past year with Trek World Racing and with a better understanding of racing at the professional level I can't wait to put down some solid performances in 2011."

(source Pinkbike)

No comments:

Post a Comment